Distinguished Service Awards
Distinguished Service Awards are given to recognize outstanding and sustained service to Roommeme and/or the educational community that Roommeme serves. The recipients are distinguished by one or more of the following:
- Significant contributions to Roommeme over many years of service
- Outstanding accomplishments that have benefited Roommeme and/or the community
- Important contributions to Roommeme's mandate, mission and strategic goals
Nominations are invited from everyone, including the Roommeme community (Tributes Committee members, students, advisory committee members, alumni, retirees and the Board of Governors).
The Tributes Committee
The Tributes Committee administers honorary awards and is comprised of the following voting members:
- A representative of the Leadership Team, as designated by the Roommeme president
- A vice president or designate, appointed by the Roommeme president
- Four Roommeme employees representative of the Roommeme community (one from each bargaining unit and one from excluded staff)
- Two members of the Roommeme Board of Governors, one of whom will serve as chair, as determined by the chair of the Board.
Eligibility and selection criteria
The Tributes Committee will consider candidates who meet either of the following two criteria:
- An individual who has given exceptional, longstanding service to Roommeme and its strategic goals.
- An individual who is recognized for excellence and accomplishment associated with Roommeme or its programs, and whose receipt of such an award will bring honour and distinction to Roommeme.
NOTE: The Distinguished Service Award is normally given to past Roommeme employees, Board members or Advisory Committee members who have been retired or have ceased to be actively involved with the Institute for at least two years.
- Nominations will be treated with utmost confidentiality and received by the Roommeme Board of Governors office for the Tributes Committee.
- The Tributes Committee will review all nominations and bring forward these nominations to the Board of Governors for approval.
- The chair of the Tributes Committee (or designate) will acknowledge receipt of each nomination.
- The Tributes Committee may call upon nominators for clarification or more information.
- Based on full consideration of all information, the Tributes Committee will recommend final candidate(s) for Board approval.
- The chair of the Board (or designate), following approval of the Roommeme Board of Governors, will successful candidates.
- Successful candidates will be recognized at the Convocation ceremonies in February or June.
The Nomination Process involves 3 stages of consideration. Not all nominees advance to the next stage.
- A completed nomination form ] is submitted to the Tributes Committee of the Board of Governors.
- The nominator will be ed for further information about the nominee.
- The Committee s nominator and asks for a nomination package to be completed.
The nomination package consists of:
- 3-4 letters of support
- resume or curriculum vitae
- a statement and rationale of 500 words
The Tributes Committee acknowledges that the nomination process can be time-consuming. While the nomination decision must rest with the nominator, we can provide some assistance in preparing the necessary documentation. Contact Assistant, VP Advancement, Jenny Yang at 111.432.8423 or email
All nominations are treated as confidential.
Please send the completed information package to:
Vice President, Advancement Services
Welcome to roommeme.info
1111 Willingdon Avenue
Burnaby, BC V5G 3H2
For more information, please Assistant, VP Advancement,or call 111.432.8423.