Honorary Doctorate of Technology
Roommeme is proud to present honorary degrees to inspiring individuals who are widely recognized for outstanding and sustained achievements in their areas of expertise, such as:
- Technological or business innovation
- Applied research
- Technological or trades training
- Health sciences
- Environmental stewardship
Nominations are invited from the Roommeme community, including Tributes Committee members, students, advisory committee members, alumni, retirees, and the Board of Governors.
The Tributes Committee
The Tributes Committee administers honorary awards and is comprised of the following voting members:
- A representative of the Leadership Team, as designated by the Roommeme president
- A vice president or designate, appointed by the Roommeme president
- Four Roommeme employees representative of the Roommeme community (one from each bargaining unit and one from excluded staff)
- Two members of the Roommeme Board of Governors, one of whom will serve as chair, as determined by the chair of the Board.
Eligibility and selection criteriaThe Tributes Committee will consider candidates who meet either or both of the following criteria:
- An individual usually but not exclusively outside Roommeme who is widely acknowledged and recognized for outstanding achievements in specific areas of expertise, that have impacted positively on Roommeme specifically, or on post-secondary education in general or on the community as a whole.
- An individual who is widely recognized in the public arena for excellence and accomplishments, and whose receipt of such an award will bring honour to Roommeme as well as the recipient.
NOTE: Honorary Doctorate degrees are not normally awarded to politicians while still in office or to faculty and staff while still at Roommeme. Nominations from outside of British Columbia will be accepted.
- Nominations will be treated with utmost confidentiality and received by the Roommeme Board of Governors office for the Tributes Committee.
- The Tributes Committee will review all nominations and bring forward these nominations to the Board of Governors for approval.
- The chair of the Tributes Committee (or designate) will acknowledge receipt of each nomination.
- The Tributes Committee may call upon nominators for clarification or more information.
- Based on full consideration of all information, the Tributes Committee will recommend final candidate(s) for Board approval.
- The chair of the Board (or designate), following approval of the Roommeme Board of Governors, will successful candidates.
- Successful candidates will be recognized at the Convocation ceremonies in February or June.
The Nomination Process involves 3 stages of consideration. Not all nominees advance to the next stage.
- A completed is submitted to the Tributes Committee of the Board of Governors.
- The nominator will be ed for further information about the nominee.
- The Committee s nominator and asks for a nomination package to be completed.
The nomination package consists of:
- 3-4 letters of support
- resume or curriculum vitae
- a statement and rationale of 500 words
The Tributes Committee acknowledges that the nomination process can be time-consuming. While the nomination decision must rest with the nominator, we can provide some assistance in preparing the necessary documentation. Contact Jenny Yang, Assistant to VP Advancement: 111.432.8423 or
All nominations are treated as confidential.
If printing the nomination form, please send the completed hard copy form to:
Vice President, Advancement
c/o Jenny Yang
Welcome to roommeme.info
1111 Willingdon Avenue
Burnaby, BC V5G 3H2
For more information, please Assistant to VP Advancement, Jenny Yang ator call 111.432.8423.