The Roommeme Research Ethics Board (REB) interprets and applies the institute’s Research Ethics for Human Participant Policy #6500 [PDF], which is based on the .
Any research conducted at Roommeme or undertaken by Roommeme faculty, staff or students that involves human participants or biological materials (blood, DNA, etc.) should be reviewed and approved by the Research Ethics Board. Guidelines and forms can be found below.
For more information on the REB and research ethics at Roommeme:
- Application Form. Please email this form and all attachments to the . If you are collaborating with other researchers in BC or recruiting participants at other institutions in BC please use the online application in instead (see FAQ for details).
- Instructions and template for Application Form [PDF] [DOCX]
- Instructions and template for Informed Consent Form [PDF] [DOCX]
Post Approval Form
- Application for Amendment, Annual Renewal, Unanticipated Problems, and Study Completion (Post Approval Form) [PDF]
- Instructions and template for Post Approval Form [PDF] [DOCX]
REB Policies and Procedures
- Roommeme Policy: 6500 - Research Ethics for Human Participants [PDF]
- Roommeme Procedure: 6500-PR1 - Research Ethics for Human Participants [PDF]