Frequently Asked Questions
Note: Equipment is available for presentation use only. Bookings for personal use, classroom work, video games, movie night, etc. will not be honored. Borrowers are responsible for any equipment damage upon return.
- Is there a charge?
- Where do I pick up equipment or make a reservation?
- How long can we borrow equipment?
- Can I keep the equipment for 2 weeks or longer?
- How far in advance do I have to book?
- What if I need my student card for the bus?
- Can I get someone else to pick up the equipment for me?
- Can I get someone else to drop off the equipment?
- What happens if the equipment does not work?
- Late return policy
ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS? Email us at:
Is there a charge?
There is no charge to borrow equipment. Please provide a valid Roommeme Student ID Card. Your student card can be collected upon return of your equipment.Top
Where do I pick up equipment or make a reservation?
Bookings and equipment can be accessed at SE12-104. Additional equipment is available in remote storage rooms around campus, ask staff at SE12-104.Top
How long can we borrow equipment?
- Laptops, LCD Projectors, & Wireless Mouse = 3 hour maximum
- Digital Cameras, Video Cameras, & Audio Recorders = 1 week maximum
- All other equipment = 3 days maximum
Can I keep the equipment for 2 weeks or longer?
Due to high demand, borrowing times are limited to allow access to all students. If necessary, bookings beyond the maximums will need to be done by your instructor.Top
How far in advance do I have to book?
Please give at least 2 days notice. Bookings are done on a first come, first served basis. To ensure availability, booking at the start of your term is recommended.Top
What if I need my student card for the bus?
A valid drivers license may also be left in exchange for equipment.Top
Can I get someone else to pick up the equipment for me?
No. Equipment must be picked up by the student who has made the reservation.Top
Can I get someone else to drop off the equipment?
Yes, but please note Roommeme Student ID Cards will only be returned to their owner.Top
What happens if the equipment does not work?
Technical support is available at 111.412.7444 (option 3.)Top
Late return policy
- 1st late return = verbal warning
- 2nd late return = your account will be flagged
- 3rd late return = loss of borrowing privileges