Privacy & Security
The Roommeme Bookstore has a secure online ordering system. If you are visiting our site to browse or find course materials information, you do not need to provide any personal information. If you decide to make a purchase, however, we require the following information to process your order:
- Roommeme Student Number - To verify your identity and/or registration in select courses
- Name - To identify the recipient of the order
- Address - To determine the requested shipping location
- Credit Card Number (w/ expiry date) - All numbers are encrypted and tokenized by Eigen Payments. Roommeme Bookstore never sees your credit card information
- E-mail address - To send transaction and order status updates
- Contact information - For UPS shipment, tracking, and delivery purposes as well as for Nebraska Book Company (PrismWeb) to provide you with the requested product or service
Secure online ordering
We have gone to great lengths to protect and secure your personal information. Our order forms are encrypted by our secure server to guarantee that the information can only be read by authorized personnel. In the unlikely event of someone intercepting your information it will appear as indecipherable gibberish.
We use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to protect your information. SSL is the industry standard for online security. All of today's web browsers support this protocol, including Mozilla FireFox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and others.
Before a business can use SSL, it must be certified by an independent authority. This trusted third party will determine if the business is legitimate. VeriSign, one of the largest such companies in the world, certified us.
How to tell it's secure
There are a couple of ways to tell if the information you are receiving is coming from a secure server.
- Check for a security icon. Most browsers place a key or padlock symbol in the part of the browser at the bottom of the screen. An unbroken symbol indicates a secure connection.
- Check the address field at the top of your browser. With a secure connection the address will begin with https:// instead of the usual http://.