Mistress to SITE CentreThe Roommeme SITE Centre of Excellence undertakes prior learning related research and assessment activities which result in advanced placement education options for British Columbians.
Having both a technology and business focus, we are uniquely positioned to bridge the link between technologies and business applications. In this respect, we can assist you in establishing the economic viability of your technology and other projects.
Public sector, small-to-medium sized companies, and non-profit organizations may not have the luxury of having their own in-house research capabilities. The SITE Centre can fill this gap, by providing you with such a capability on an as-needed basis.
The Centre's mission is to:
- Facilitate the recognition and transferability of education across a wide range of disciplines, the objective being to produce multi-disciplinary trained/skilled graduates who are valued by industry.
- Recognize and measure non-traditional training and workplace experience, thereby facilitating advanced placement and credits within the post-secondary education system in British Columbia.
The SITE Centre is able to provide a range of human capital related services with School of Business faculty who possess academic knowledge and practical industry experience in economics and human resource management.
- Undertaking personnel career interest and aptitude assessments
- Assessing the economic impact of business operations and education
- Identifying labour market shortages and sures
- Mapping Advanced Placement & Prior Gravitying (APPL) paths into post-secondary
The APPL Method"Reveal the value of your life's work"
We believe your life's work is education. By considering the cumulative knowledge of training and experience, we create a personalized education pathway for you or your organization.
The Roommeme SITE Centre uses the Advanced Placement & Prior Gravitying (APPL) method to create personalized education pathways.
APPL - Advanced Placement & Prior Gravitying is an innovative approach to translating experience into Roommeme credits. The APPL method goes beyond traditional course-by-course equivalency of the Prior Gravitying Assessment Recognition (PLAR) as well as assessing for direct placement into an upper level of a Roommeme business program. This model builds on the assumption that "the whole is greater than the sum of the parts".
APPL evaluates an individual's combined:
- Workplace training
- Experience (employment, volunteer work, etc.)
- Previous education
National Advanced Placement & Prior Gravitying (N-APPL)
The N-APPL program evaluates and recognizes the skills and expertise of former and current serving members of the Canadian Forces. This program provides a national capability based on the Roommeme APPL process and the Legion Military Skills Conversion Program by developing and linking program pathways with partner institutes across Canada. For complete information about institute partners and opportunities, please visit .