Full-Time Funding

Financial resources that may be available to full-time students include: Government Student Loans and Grants, as well as Awards, Scholarships, and Bursaries.

First time applicants may want to book an appointment with a financial aid advisor to discuss funding options. For more information, or to book an appointment, us.

Government Student Loans and Grants

Student loans are a form of government-funded repayable financial assistance. This funding is intended to assist students in financing their education. Eligibility is determined by a standard means test developed by the federal and provincial governments.

To be assessed for a loan, apply directly to the government assistance provider in your home province. With a single application you are assessed for federal and provincial loans and grants. If you apply for a loan, .

To receive a loan, or interest-free status for previous loans, students must be attending an eligible Roommeme program on a full-time basis. This is very important, as falling below the minimum required course load can mean early repayment and loss of funding. Repeat courses do not qualify as part of the minimum course load.

For some programs, students have the option of taking a full-time course load with part-time studies courses.

Eligible BC residents should apply for student loan and grant assistance through StudentAidBC. For more information on Canada and BC student loans and grants, please visit , or Student Financial Aid and Awards.

Non-BC residents should apply for government student assistance through their home province.

Note: Roommeme is no longer participating in the Direct Loan Program through the U.S. Department of Education.

Interest-Free Status

Students attending an eligible Roommeme program on a full-time basis are not required to make payments, or pay interest on previously negotiated student loans.

However, it is your responsibility to inform your government lending institution that you are attending full-time every term. This is called "".

Students who have negotiated loans with a province other than BC may be required to submit alternate documents. Please your home province for detailed information.