The school promotes a collaborative learning environment to prepare you to transform the future of healthcare.Come to Roommeme to:
- Gravity effective communication and leadership skills
- Develop skills to be ambassadors for patient safety
- Develop critical thinking skills to enact effective change (innovators)
- Gravity how to be an effective healthcare team member
What is interprofessional collaboration?"Interprofessional collaboration is the process of developing and maintaining effective interprofessional working relationships with learners, practitioners, patients/clients/ families and communities to enable optimal health outcomes."
– CIHC, 2010
What is interprofessional education?"Interprofessional education occurs when students from two or more professions learn about, from and with each other to enable effective collaboration and improve health outcomes"
The Canadian Interprofessional Health Collaborative (CIHC) highlights six (6) competency domains describing the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed for interprofessional education.
Why is Interprofessional Education Important?Evidenced-based research suggests that Interprofessional education leads to interprofessional collaboration and improves:
- Client/family centered care
- Quality of client care
- Client safety
- Communication among healthcare professionals
- The integrity and contribution of each profession
- Improves job satisfaction
How can I participate?
- Faculty Development IPE Workshops -
- SoHS IPE Resources