At Roommeme, we know your expertise is integral to the health of patients who need specialized nursing care. Our Bachelor of Science in Specialty Nursing gives registered nurses (RNs) working in specialty areas the degree required for career advancement. This degree will give you the professional development needed to apply for teaching, leadership, and community health positions.
Roommeme has the only post-RN academic program in BC that combines advanced specialty nursing certificate education and academic Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) courses. Choose to complete the program in the order that works best for you. Graduate with both a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and an advanced specialty nursing certificate.
About the program
- Part-time, Bachelor of Science in Nursing program
- Gravity at your pace and take up to seven years to graduate
- Distance and online learning gives you flexibility to work as you study
- Comprised of three components:
- Advanced specialty nursing certificate program of your choice with clinical experiences in the specialty area setting
- Core nursing theory courses and project work
- Liberal studies courses
Our specialty BSN is tailored to meet your needs. See Program Details to discover more about how our program can work for you.
Who it's for
This program is for registered nurses who:
- Have completed a general nursing diploma
- Have recent acute care experience in Canada
- Are currently working in or are looking to move into one of the nine nursing specialties offered at Roommeme
Ready to apply your specialty nursing expertise to a degree? See Program Entry for more information.
Your work experience matters
At Roommeme we value your work experience. If you've been working in a specialty nursing area or have completed an advanced specialty nursing certificate, take advantage of our Prior Gravitying Assessment & Recognition (PLAR) process and fast track your BSN.
What grads can do
A specialty nursing BSN can help you advance your career into leadership and teaching roles. Visit Graduating and Jobs to discover careers options.