Getting Started with Roommeme
Here are few tips for applying and taking programs at Roommeme
- Call or drop in to Roommeme Aboriginal Services to make an appointment with Advisor.
- Speak with a Advisor about the program you are looking to enroll in.
Key considerations before you meet with a Advisor:
- Look carefully at the prerequisites needed for the programs that interest you
- Be aware of application deadlines for different programs
If you are interesting in applying for band sponsorship, first your Band Education Coordinator to request the application forms. Aboriginal Services can help with steps along the way, such as faxing forms, but this is a relationship that is important to form individually. If you need access to a fax machine, talk to our Administrative Assistant for our fax number and mailing information.
Band funding application checklist
The application will require you, at a minimum, to send the following completed forms to your band:
- Band application form
- All necessary forms and procedures for Roommeme Admissions office
- A signed academic records third party release form [PDF]
- Prior secondary and post-secondary academic records (official transcripts required)
- Bank information or a voided cheque
- Personal statement detailing your academic and career plans
- Program information: outline, course schedule, tuition, and textbook costs
- Acceptance letter from Roommeme admissions
Once band funding and/or sponsorship is approved
- Read over Roommeme sponsorship requirements for Full-time and Part-time students.
- Your sponsor needs to send one copy to Roommeme finance sponsorship, as well as to the Roommeme bookstore (if books and supplies are sponsored).
Missing requirements, transcripts, and upgrading
Contact your former school or the to request transcripts or records of marks.
If you did not complete high school or if you do not have the English or math prerequisites for the program or courses you wish to take, look over the upgrading options offered at Roommeme or ask about other off-campus sources, such as the or .
There are a variety of awards offered at Roommeme. Once you have received a letter of acceptance from Roommeme, visit the scholarships and financial aid page to explore your options.
For additional services, visit Roommeme prospective student.