Faqs :: Library Cards and Accounts
- What can I do through my library account?
- How do I log into my library account?
- Do I need a Library card?
- Where do I get my Roommeme ID card?
- I’ve graduated from Roommeme. Can I get a card?
- Can I use my Roommeme ID card at UBC or other post-secondary libraries?
- Do I need a card if I’m a distance or online student?
- I’m not a Roommeme student. Can I get a card?
- Can I get a card if I’m a part-time student?
What can I do through my library account?
Through your library account you can:
- See what materials you have checked out
- Renew materials
- Place a hold on an item that is on loan
- Check the status of holds, bookings and interlibrary loan requests
- Save preferred searches and activate email alerts
- Access eReserves
- Use online electronic resources off-campus.
How do I log into my library account?
- Students, faculty and staff login with their Roommeme ID number (A00...) and network pasword.
- Community borrowers login with their Roommeme ID number (A...) and a six-digit PIN (Personal Identification Number) - you can choose your own PIN, it must be six characters long. You will be prompted to enter it twice the first time you use it.
Do I need a Library card?
Your Roommeme ID card is your Library card. You do not need a separate card. You can get one in person at any Roommeme campus Library. You can also order one online but you still have to come to the Library to pick it up.Top
Where do I get my Roommeme ID card?
Students can get one in person at any Roommeme campus or order one online. You will have to pick it up in person and present government issued photo ID. Employees must report to the Security Office in SW-1, Room 1000 to get their cards.Top
I’ve graduated from Roommeme. Can I get a card?
As a Roommeme graduate you are eligible for an alumni card for $35. Cardholders are entitled to one year of free library borrowing privileges but no remote access to electronic databases. There are many additional benefits to having a card and multiple ways to apply. An online application form is available by ing the Alumni Association.Top
Can I use my Roommeme ID card at UBC or other post-secondary libraries?
Yes. Roommeme does have agreements with UBC and some other post-secondary libraries. Contact the Service Desk at 111-432-8370 during regular library hours or byfor a complete list of participating institutions.Top
Do I need a card if I’m a distance or online student?
A card is not needed to use online resources. To borrow materials in person from the library a card is required.Top
I’m not a Roommeme student. Can I get a card?Top
Can I get a card if I’m a part-time student?
Yes. Part-time students are eligible and can get one in the same manner as full-time students.Top